Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October 2nd "International Non Violence Day"

October 2nd is the birthday of Mohandas Ghandi. Because of his religious devotion and ability to separate India from the British Empire without violence, people have made his birthday an international non violence holiday.

4 comments:

Rich said...

It would be nice if the world could have a day with no violence. Could it spread to a second day the next year. I did not even know what Oct 2 was. Thanks

Voni said...

In preparation for the essay on Gandhi, I learned that October 2 was his birthday. However I did not know that it was observed and the International Day of Non-Violence. So thank you for the info.

Sandra Fernandes Traina said...

Thats amazing how one man could start a peaceful revolution and free his country and im sure he got his strength thru his religion and beliefs , if only the world could learn from our past .

Krissy said...

I had no idea until reading your article the Gandhi's birthday was the international day of Non- Violence. That was a great article