I have taken time to observe my community and its surroundings. During this entire week, the neighborhood has been bad mouthing the department of water in my town. Because of the addition of two new fire hydrants, the water is being temporarily disabled on Thursday and Friday between the hours of eight and three. Where as my neighbor rich is comfortable with the inconvenience, my other neighbors, Dave and Denise, are outraged with the ordeal. In a way, my family and I are feeling the same way. However, we are not as outspoken as they are.
Although this conflict does not seem spiritual, there are some signs of spiritual challenges. What I have learned from Buddhism is the appreciation for the things that we have;needs over wants. It is an inconvenience to not have water for a half of day, however, we forget to appreciate when we have it and so forth.
In accordance to buddha, I would tell me neighbors to:
appreciate the water while we dont have it. Thank the water for being there at all other times. Eventually, the consistency of the want for water will become a need for water. And jus be ready to wake up before eight so that you can get that shower in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment