Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wu Wei and Tao

The beliefs of Wu Wei and Tao are a way of living. It is to live life simple and quiet. To inhabit oneself without the artificial luxuries that society has created over time. Pride, self satisfaction, and glory are all feelings that one has grown to accomadate. Athletes pride themselves with the amount of points that they can attain in games and how many games they have actually won. Individuals reach satisfaction when they accomplish goals that they had set. Yet Wu Wei and Tao do not believe in such feelings. It is nothing more than illusion that can disappear in any given moment. Happiness is forever as long as there is nothing in the way that is negative or can result in a negative outcome.

1 comment:

Chonte said...

It must be really hard for people to follow the "Wu Wei and Tao" because I know I couldn't. I think it would be more easily followed in today's society if there weren't set rules such as you need a college education to get a good job or if you needed money to buy things that are required to suvive in life.